This site uses JavaScript—Adblock must be disabled to view some JavaScript functions

Welcome to LanceBase

Ready to join the forum? A diverse community of freelance professionals awaits.

You knew it wasn't a real writing job when...

Discussion in 'Freelance Community Chat' started by witchwriter, Jul 8, 2017.

1. witchwriter

Registered Member

the respondent replied to my samples and quote with all kinds of questions about NY personal identity and background, while the domain in their Siggy line. goes to a blank cgi-_bin directory. And that directory is a staging area with white-hat hacker HTML pages inserted into each one illustrating the whole site's vulnerability. Fake!

Can you say identity phish scam?

2. chundley

Registered Member

...when I sent a client back a 400 article with three keywords and was then asked to insert another three, and before I could respond, was sent a fourth keyword and asked to make sure that the keyword density for all keywords was 3%.

witchwriter likes this.
  3. witchwriter

Registered Member

oh yeah that was totally a turnaround sampler special. People like this never want links or reference urls for your work.
    If you really want to fix them, reply using the sample article you've written with nonsense words substituted for where the high density keywords should go. If they don't bother to read it and publish it you can find it using Google or Copy scape.

chundley likes this.
  4. chundley

Registered Member

Lol. I tried to read that and my head started to hurt.