This site uses JavaScript—Adblock must be disabled to view some JavaScript functions

Welcome to LanceBase

Ready to join the forum? A diverse community of freelance professionals awaits.

Would you use this?

Discussion in 'Freelance Community Chat' started by SchoolProject, Nov 2, 2017.

?

Would you use something like this? (Suggestions Welcome)

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Maybe

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SchoolProject

Registered Member

Hello Freelance Community,

I am a student at the University of Colorado. I am in a business class where we are excepted to start a kickstart idea. Our idea caters to the freelance world. The app is made to help freelancers stay organized and successful. The app includes many features.
    • A Receipt Tracker: It organizes receipts by date and category which the customer customizes. You can take pictures of receipts or import them from your email and so forth.
    • A Mileage Tracker: Allows the customer to log miles by connecting their phone Bluetooth in their car which flags the app to ask the user if they would like to track their mileage. They can also retroactively put in miles my mapping them and importing the miles traveled, or they can simply take a picture of their odometer.
    • An Hour Tracker: The app connects to all other applications that freelancers depend upon to stay organized. When a user puts in their calendar that they are working, our app will remind customers to log hours at the end of the day which will automatically generate into their schedule for invoicing.
    • An Equipment Log: This allows our customers to keep all their serial numbers, warranties and cost of equipment in one place. This is good if something is stolen or if a freelancer wants to rent a piece of equipment out. For example, camera or lighting equipment. This allows all the customer's information to be located in one place for easy access.
    • A List function: This is helpful for example when a freelancer is traveling, they can save a packing list or the user can have a list of people they need to contact, and the app will remind them to reach out. It could also help in organizing commonly used bids or paperwork usually given to clients.
    All features of our apps are searchable, connect with other essential functions within a phone such as the calendar, contacts, and maps (GPS). The app works as a middleman to help freelancers stay organized. We are trying to design the app in a way which makes it fast and straightforward for freelancers to use even if the user is on the move. Our app would act as an automated personal assistant and is customizable for the customer's needs. The user can get as many or as few notifications as they want and can set the application up to fit their lifestyle. I have set up a poll asking if freelancers, like yourself, would use this application or think it is a good idea. I would love any other feedback also if any improvements come to mind. Thank you for your time and energy. Hopefully, I can bring this to fruition and help make your lives easier :).

bornwithagift likes this.
  2. bornwithagift

bornwithagift Registered Member
    Supporter

:thumbsup: I would use it

SchoolProject likes this.
  3. SchoolProject

Registered Member

Streamline is a simple application that can be the “one stop shop” for organization. It is customizable and works seamlessly with other functions used daily (Maps, Calendar, and Contacts). Reply, Like or answer the poll below to show your interest.

Attached Files:

bornwithagift likes this.