Why does Fiverr treat long time sellers with such disrespect

AndreLOttawa

Registered Member
Fiverr has a HUGE customer support problem.

I recently completed a video intro gig for $5. The client accepted the completed work, then turned around and requested that a license a different soundtrack for the intro and extend it from 7 seconds to 40 seconds.

These requests were unreasonable for the $5, so I requested that the order be canceled by mutual request. The buyer walked away with a free intro and I wasted my time and did not get paid. That happens on Fiverr - it's rare, but it does happen.

But here's the thing - Fiverr then turns around and demotes my account. You read that right - Fiverr punished me because of a bad client.

I immediately brought this to the attention of the Fiverr support team and they did NOTHING to help me. ZERO.

I've worked for Fiverr since the very beginning and have completed over 300 orders with a 5-star rating. And because of one bad buyer, they completely destroyed my good standing.

I asked that the issue be escalated to a manager - and that person simply sent me the same canned answer I got from the first customer service rep. Starting to wonder if the support desk is actually staffed by real people, or is it just a network of BOTS spewing out the same scripted answers?

In any case, be warned that if you work for Fiverr - don't expect any kind of fairness or loyalty - they treat their sellers with complete disrespect.