Where do you do your best work?

Attaboyix

Registered Member
For writing I have 3 places, 2 of which are outdoors, that really help get the creative juices flowing. Of the three, this one is probably the most relaxing. Anyone know where that path leads?

View attachment 14
Da beach? Sometimes just leaving the problem on my desk is the best way to solve it. By the timeI return from my sojourn, the answer there and just needs to written out.

OP
OP
Martlebix

Martlebix

Staff
Registered Member

ECRadioCreative

Registered Member
In my studio/office at my desktop computer. Gets me in the mindset to work. Plus for audio editing and other work I do, I love a nice desk, chair, real keyboard & mouse and screens. Can't focus if I'm crammed into a coffee shop or outside with a laptop!

bornwithagift

Registered Member
Depends on what work youre going to be doing. If I need to be creative or check emails or do graphic design then I will go in the backyard. I cant do that with things I need to be super-focused for though. I would say I'm most productive alone in my room with a air purifier running quietly and maybe some jazz.

TheHixel

Registered Member

Ksenija

Registered Member
Mattblex,
That place is really incredible.

I work the best at my home at my office desk, caffes etc are annoying me, I like to have full concentration on what I am doing, if I need to go to caffee I would put my earphones on I don't pay attention to other people

Chris_A

Registered Member
I usually write from my home office. I just put on some inspirational "work music" and get to it. I find that`s the best way for me to focus on what I am doing.

witchwriter

Registered Member
I research at the library but people act out and bother me with their noises and conversations. If I am too comfortable I drift off to sleep. So the couch is out of the question.
The bedside table by the window has the best light and most robust 802.11g rolling.
Table by the window it is.

P.s. the front room is too close to the mailboxes and the halllulia chorus of dog barking when anyone comes beyond the street to unlock the gate.

recycledmom

Registered Member
Definitely my home office. After years of working from the dining room amid the chaos of family life, it's such a luxury to have my own private space. Well, as private as it can be with two dogs nestled on each side of my chair! :wink:

meganrclark

Registered Member
Weirdly, I work best under pressure. It feels like a game if I have to get it all done in a certain amount of time. So if I have a deadline, I will most likely procrastinate until the very last minute, and pump out my best work.

lone_star

Registered Member
Weirdly, I work best under pressure. It feels like a game if I have to get it all done in a certain amount of time. So if I have a deadline, I will most likely procrastinate until the very last minute, and pump out my best work.
where, home office? I get distracted if I go out in public to work.

revel

Registered Member
Hey all.

Creative writing often takes place in bed, right before going to sleep, and is done in an attractive notebook with a black-inked fine-point pen in longhand.

Dream recording usually takes place first thing in the morning on the white throne.

Writing for the day job is done on the day job computer (a laptop) sitting at the day job desk with two large windows, little noise and constant interruptions from a disaster of a boss.

Writing-for-pay takes place on the sofa generally, laptop on an antique wooden fold-out table with a cast-iron base, picked up from the Estación de Francia back when I lived in Barcelona. There's a fire whistling in the stove (with a nice glass door to watch the flames), there's a dog on the sofa to my left (where is he right now? Who knows....) and a partner sitting over there in the corner suffering the current elections in Catalonia.

The tablet lets me take work anywhere, so summer finds me in my back garden, weekends might find me at the in-laws' home (though don't get much more done than editing already written stuff there).

No perfect place, no preferred place, can change, always depends.

peace,
revel.