Where are your favorite (non-bidding site) places to find work?

debng

Registered Member
There are literally dozens of job boards and job listing sites for freelancers (I should know, I own one) and they all offer different things. My favorite places to look for freelance writing jobs are Indeed, LinkedIn, and Craigslist. (I know Craigslist has a bad reputation, but I actually found some lucrative private clients through this site - it just takes an ability to weed out low payers and smell b.s.).

What are some of your favorite places to find freelance work and why?

gurudrew

Registered Member
I dont look for freelance work on craigslist as much I used to because I got sick of getting my email harvested. Yea there are thousands and thousands of sites aggregating jobs from all corners of the web and wordpress blogs with the job board plugin. It all leads back to Indeed at some point, so you might as well just go there instead of wasting time.

OP
OP
D

debng

Registered Member
The problem with Indeed - which I visit every day - is that everyone else uses it as well, so the competition to the jobs advertised there is incredibly fierce. Ditto Problogger. I wonder how many applications are received on average.