What does your work space look like?

dawndgolden

Registered Member
Personally, my work space is mobile – it’s my laptop. I also make crafts and sell them online and I have an entire ‘craftroom’ dedicated to that practice. I was really curious what other freelance writer’s workspaces look like. In terms of an actual physical office space, I have my computer, a few pens, a notebook, my printer and printing supplies, and a calculator. That’s literally it. I try to keep everything on my desk as minimal as possible to keep from getting distracted. I do have my desk facing outside of a window though, which I find really helps boost my mood and energy level throughout the day.

chundley

Registered Member
Kitchen table. By a window. Living in an apartment now, but when I do move into a house, it will have space for a home office, which I can picture now. I already know the kind of desk and chair I want - circled it in a catalog a year or so ago. I want one of those desks that can extend so I can alternate between standing and sitting. Has to have windows. Needs a lock on the door. Some inspirational quotes and photos on the wall. A dual monitor computer set up. A couch. Supplies. But beyond that fairly simple.

witchwriter

Registered Member
About 59 post its of varying age taped to the wall and monitor. These tiny slips of paper have the password and username s to websites and accounts I have slaved over. Taped FAQ printouts I have been meaning to read. Stacks of open magazines in a crosshatched pile. Open to interesting articles I never have time to investigate further about.

keri

Registered Member
My work space is a big area. More like my women cave. Also have the view of the mountains outside my window surrounding me, so it’s pretty relaxing.