What are we reading now?

Mage

Registered Member
Hi everyone,
I think that I am happy to have joined this site but not sure yet. we will see.
I am currently reading Wrath. Authored by John Gwynne. Fantasy. I like the swords and sorcery stuff.

What are you reading? Writers have to read.

OP
OP
M

Mage

Registered Member
I'm not quite sure how this forum works yet. I finished Wrath. It was the last book in the series by John Gwynne. Pretty good stuff. It was a quad. Worth the read if you have the time. No spoilers.

Currently reading The Providence of Fire by Brian Staveley when I'm not writing. It's the second book in the series. Pretty good as well. Recommended.

OP
OP
M

Mage

Registered Member
The first book in Staveley's series is The Emperor's Blades. Best to start with that one if your going to read the series. Not sure how many books he will do yet but it is an interesting read.

amberd

Supporter
Registered Member
Welcome! I haven't read any novels lately, but I will completely admit I do read mangas (Japanese comics) on a regular basis.

OP
OP
M

Mage

Registered Member
Hello amberd, I have very limited experience with Manga but my Stepson loves the stuff. He's a Marine stationed in Japan.

OP
OP
M

Mage

Registered Member
Hi Keri, thanks for hanging around. Maybe you could help me. How do I post an avatar or picture. Any advice is welcome amberd. I'm still trying to figure this forum out

fm-blue

Staff
Registered Member
How do I post an avatar or picture. Any advice is welcome amberd. I'm still trying to figure this forum out
For the Avatar, while logged in point your browser to: https://www.lancebase.com/account/avatar

To insert images into posts, there are a few options:
  • Click the Insert Image button, from the text editor toolbar. Select file, choose display option. (recommended)
  • Copy/Paste the image right into the editor as you're creating a post.

keri

Registered Member
To change your avatar on LanceBase Forum, follow these steps.

1. Click on your account in the upper right side corner. https://www.lancebase.com/account/
  2. Click the Avatar image to upload a custom avatar. For best results, ensure the file is 384x384 pixels and less than 75kb in size.
  3. After clicking the Avatar Image it will bring you to the Avatar Editor.
  4. To Use a custom Avatar Drag a image you wish to use, then crop the image. (384x384 pixels and less than 150kb in size for best results)
  5. Then click Okay to confirm, or upload a new Avatar.

- Keri

recycledmom

Registered Member
Hi everyone,
I think that I am happy to have joined this site but not sure yet. we will see.
I am currently reading Wrath. Authored by John Gwynne. Fantasy. I like the swords and sorcery stuff.

What are you reading? Writers have to read.
Hi Mage!

I'm new to the site myself and I LOVE to read. Since you like fantasy, have you read "The Name of the Wind" by Patrick Rothfuss? It's the first book of his Kingkiller Chronicles; the second is "The Wise Man's Fear". Both are excellent reads!