This site uses JavaScript—Adblock must be disabled to view some JavaScript functions

Welcome to LanceBase

Ready to join the forum? A diverse community of freelance professionals awaits.

Undergraduate at CMU Researching Online Work - I NEED YOUR HELP!

Discussion in 'Freelance Community Chat' started by alliemb, Jun 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. alliemb

Registered Member

Dear Lance Base Community,
    My name is Allie and I’m undergraduate student involved in a summer research program at Carnegie Mellon University. During my short research internship, I’m conducting interviews with online workers. I’m conducting these interviews because I’m interested in better understanding online work in the hopes of developing systems and/or resources to better support YOU.

If you are interested in participating in a brief 30 - 40 minute interview, please email me: allieblaising@gmail.com & I will provide you with more details!

Thank you so much for your time,

Best,
    Allie

2. Shocklee

Registered Member

Hi, is this paid? I can tell you anything you want to know about working online.

3. alliemb

Registered Member

Unfortunately at this time it is not paid.

4. Shocklee

Registered Member

40 minutes on the phone? If you are a freelancer I will do it.

5. alliemb

Registered Member

Unfortunately I am not. If you are still interested in a brief 30 minute interview today or tomorrow let me know! Thanks so much.

6. Shocklee

Registered Member

Sorry I don't understand because when you signed up here you had to tick YEs to being a freelancer or it doesnt let you signup. I did atleast. Who is the interview for exactly?

7. alliemb

Registered Member

I clicked yes because I am a photography freelancer, but I am not currently involved in freelance work online. The interview is for an exploratory study at Carnegie Mellon University with the purpose of better understanding and supporting online workers. If you are interested in being interviewed, please email me and I'll provide you with an informed consent form and more details! Thank you for your help :)

8. Shocklee

Registered Member

9. alliemb

Registered Member

My name is Allie and I’m undergraduate student involved in a summer research program at Carnegie Mellon University. During my short research internship, I’m conducting interviews with online workers. I’m conducting these interviews because I’m interested in better understanding online work in the hopes of developing systems and/or resources to better support YOU.

If you are interested in participating in a brief 30 - 40 minute interview, please email me: allieblaising@gmail.com & I will provide you with more details!

Best,
    Allie

10. alliemb

Registered Member

Best,
    Allie