Too much work, but income doesn't increase

lajusi

Registered Member
Reaction score
Hi
I've been creating animated videos for the past few years, and honestly it's going pretty good.
Actually, I can't even keep up with the amount of projects I have, and despite having so much work - I can't increase my monthly income, simply because I can't work more than I already do.
How do I take advantage of the situation and increase my monthly income?
Trying to hire someone to help me out didn't work out - I wasted time trying to qualify multiple people, but was never satisfied from the result.

Do you have any suggestions?
Thank you

ColossalAudio

Registered Member
Reaction score
With a growing portfolio and work under your belt, I would raise your rates gradually over time to reflect your skill set and previous work.
You are providing value to people through a skill set that they do not know, and if your customers are loyal enough, they will stick with you, even if there is a rate increase.

OP
OP
L

lajusi

Registered Member
Reaction score
I tried that, but in fact - I work through a market where my prices are among the highest, and many buyers choose to not work with me due to the prices.
However, the ones that do - are still too many for me to handle. I think that raising the prices will leave me with much less work, or less working hours but the same income. I'm looking for a way to increase the income.
Any other ideas?

ColossalAudio

Registered Member
Reaction score
You can always expand and grow and team/hire other animators to reduce your personal workload a little so you can take on more jobs with less stress. This also includes dishing out income, but promotes growth in your company. Again, it could be more work. Always dipping into related work in your field can also help, such as easier jobs.