Things are not going well for me

theanimator

Registered Member
Hello. My name is Cassidy and I joined this forum because I think I'm doing this whole freelancing thing wrong. I graduated from college in August of 2017 with a BA in animation and absolutely could not get a job in the industry to save my life. Eventually, I landed a minimum wage job at a grocery store. About a month ago, I quit that job to try my luck at freelancing. Right now, I have one pro-bono client who wants me to start making a video in July and one client who wants me to do some illustration work at some unspecified point in the future. So I have no income. In the meantime, I've been contacting various businesses and attended a networking event in an attempt to find clients, but so far, no dice. They like my work, but have nothing for me to do.

bethanybaillie

Registered Member
Hello. My name is Cassidy and I joined this forum because I think I'm doing this whole freelancing thing wrong. I graduated from college in August of 2017 with a BA in animation and absolutely could not get a job in the industry to save my life. Eventually, I landed a minimum wage job at a grocery store. About a month ago, I quit that job to try my luck at freelancing. Right now, I have one pro-bono client who wants me to start making a video in July and one client who wants me to do some illustration work at some unspecified point in the future. So I have no income. In the meantime, I've been contacting various businesses and attended a networking event in an attempt to find clients, but so far, no dice. They like my work, but have nothing for me to do.
Hey Cassidy,

I completely understand where you’re coming from. I graduated with a Cinema Production degree and have sadly not been able to use it to the advantage I’d hope to. However, every day is a new adventure and I wish you the best and hope you land a few clients!

cloversluck

Registered Member
Hey Cassidy! I can't tell you how much I relate to your issue right now! I am almost done with my degree (its only an associates though and I hope to continue my education after it!) and I'm struggling to figure out the best ways to go about landing writing jobs. I had sought out some blogs and asked the question of what the best course would be and most had said job boards so here I am! I also figured out this place existed through 'indeed' haha. I wish you the best of luck and hopefully with this new experience you will be able to get jobs that actually pay you, and soon!