This site uses JavaScript—Adblock must be disabled to view some JavaScript functions

Welcome to LanceBase

Ready to join the forum? A diverse community of freelance professionals awaits.

So… can we talk about coffee?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by dawndgolden, May 12, 2017.

1. dawndgolden

Registered Member

Coffee might be the key to the freelance world. All of my freelancing friends swear by coffee to get them through the day. It’s hard to keep up energy when you have to be self motivated, so I think a lot of us reach for caffeine. I thought it’d be fun to share coffee recommendations. So give a shout-out to your favorite brand, your latte recipe, or your local coffee shop here. Let’s talk about coffee.

Personally I make a majority of my coffee at home. I make my own lattes with steamed fat free milk and sugar-free syrups from Torini. I use a variety of coffees but my favorite are Java Love and Equal Exchange brands (Mind, Body, and Soul by Equal Exchange is some of the BEST and most flavorful coffee ever- so good).

2. lone_star

Registered Member

I dont know if life without coffee is worth livin.

3. chundley

Registered Member

Between kids, a full-time gig, and freelancing, i would not survive 48 hours without a couple of cups of java a day. I also try to make it to the gym and and drink copious amounts of water throughout the day, but it's the coffee that tends to give me the extra boost I need.

I am fairly agnostic on brand or type. I drink my coffee black and am particular to any brand of French Roast coffee I can get in a K-cup. I try not to spend money in coffee shops. I do have one weakness: a really great raspberry and cinnamon latte from a coffee shop in my neck of the woods that also has free wi-fi, cheap eats and owners who don't mind a freelancer or two sitting upstairs all day with minimal purchases.

witoldtech likes this.
  4. closed

closed Guest

I love coffee, its healthy. Too bad my body thinks otherwise every time I take a sip. :teardrop:

I love coffee shops, where one can pass the time in quiet reflection, and as a freelancer, sometimes I find a good change of pace leaving the computer behind and going for a coffee nearby or meet with someone there. The only thing is that coffee shops where I am are bloody expensive, and what they sell is usually a bunch of sugar, water and salt, with a bit of caffeine, all mixed in a cup they dare call "coffee"

chundley likes this.