This site uses JavaScript—Adblock must be disabled to view some JavaScript functions

Welcome to LanceBase

Ready to join the forum? A diverse community of freelance professionals awaits.

Payment terms

Discussion in 'Freelance Community Chat' started by elliec1, Feb 9, 2017.

1. elliec1

Registered Member

Hello Everyone! I've just quit my job and have decided to go freelance! I've heard such negative things about payment terms for freelancers, I was just wondering if you guys could shed some light on this topic. I'm nervous about my cash flow and the problems I could potentially get into if I'm not being paid for a while! Please help.

witoldtech likes this.
  2. LoveOrDie

Registered Member

For me its the oposite. On upwork I can work for 20 dolars an hour , in my country its 4/dol hours. And always I do extra-mile, and try to learn .

3. h3ct0r

Registered Member

You are brave quitting your job like that to peruse a freelancing career. What line of work were you in if you dont mind me asking.

4. Ksenija

Registered Member

I think you should firts try freelancing and then quit your job because it takes some time to find firts job, I gained the firts in three weeks, which is a lot if you are paying the bills alone, that means that I received some money on my account two months after I started freelancing

5. Chris_A

Registered Member

The terms heavily depend on the platform you are using. I think Upwork pays you as soon as the client approves your work. Fiverr on the other hand, holds your money in escrow for two weeks before paying you.