Payment terms

elliec1

Registered Member
Hello Everyone! I've just quit my job and have decided to go freelance! I've heard such negative things about payment terms for freelancers, I was just wondering if you guys could shed some light on this topic. I'm nervous about my cash flow and the problems I could potentially get into if I'm not being paid for a while! Please help.

LoveOrDie

Registered Member
For me its the oposite. On upwork I can work for 20 dolars an hour , in my country its 4/dol hours. And always I do extra-mile, and try to learn .

h3ct0r

Registered Member
You are brave quitting your job like that to peruse a freelancing career. What line of work were you in if you dont mind me asking.

Ksenija

Registered Member
I think you should firts try freelancing and then quit your job because it takes some time to find firts job, I gained the firts in three weeks, which is a lot if you are paying the bills alone, that means that I received some money on my account two months after I started freelancing

Chris_A

Registered Member
The terms heavily depend on the platform you are using. I think Upwork pays you as soon as the client approves your work. Fiverr on the other hand, holds your money in escrow for two weeks before paying you.