This site uses JavaScript—Adblock must be disabled to view some JavaScript functions

Welcome to LanceBase

Ready to join the forum? A diverse community of freelance professionals awaits.

Payment Method

Discussion in 'Freelance Community Chat' started by Chris_A, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Chris_A

Registered Member

What is your preferred payment method? Do you like direct bank transfer? Do you use an intermediary like PayPal? What would you recommend?

2. Freemann

Registered Member

I use Paysera, because IBAN account is free, some transfer per month also free and can do remittance all around the world. Use 3 year .

3. dawndgolden

Registered Member

I use Paypal most of the time, just for the mere convenience. Almost everyone has Paypal- which makes it a very convenient thing to request from buyers. I have begun offering Bitcoin as well- after doing a lot of research into it and seeing that slowly sites and even some stores around the world are beginning to use it. I also have my own website where I have a direct checkout that accepts all major credit and debit cards.

4. NorthTree

Registered Member

I hate the fees with Paypal but it's a necessary evil these days just for convenience. My most recent payments have actually been by check through the mail. It's a pain to wait but if the client is reputable and you have a good relationship with them it is still a viable option.

5. GHD

GHD
    Registered Member

I use Paypal. It allows you have protection of your personal bank accounts. This helps with dealing with foreign (not US) clients; mainly to protect you both.
    I do hear of other platforms to use for payments from clients, which I believe are becoming popular, due to many issues that Video Bloggers on Youtube are having in regards to the content they upload. PayPal teams up with Youtube and Google to freeze, block, or to remove assets from your account.
    For now I'll use PayPal. Any suggestion from the peanut gallery?

GHD