This site uses JavaScript—Adblock must be disabled to view some JavaScript functions

Welcome to LanceBase

Ready to join the forum? A diverse community of freelance professionals awaits.

Payment Method

Discussion in 'Freelance Community Chat' started by Chris_A, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Chris_A

Registered Member

What is your preferred payment method? Do you like direct bank transfer? Do you use an intermediary like PayPal? What would you recommend?

2. Freemann

Registered Member

I use Paysera, because IBAN account is free, some transfer per month also free and can do remittance all around the world. Use 3 year .

3. dawndgolden

Registered Member

I use Paypal most of the time, just for the mere convenience. Almost everyone has Paypal- which makes it a very convenient thing to request from buyers. I have begun offering Bitcoin as well- after doing a lot of research into it and seeing that slowly sites and even some stores around the world are beginning to use it. I also have my own website where I have a direct checkout that accepts all major credit and debit cards.

4. NorthTree

Registered Member

I hate the fees with Paypal but it's a necessary evil these days just for convenience. My most recent payments have actually been by check through the mail. It's a pain to wait but if the client is reputable and you have a good relationship with them it is still a viable option.

5. GHD

GHD
    Registered Member

I use Paypal. It allows you have protection of your personal bank accounts. This helps with dealing with foreign (not US) clients; mainly to protect you both.
    I do hear of other platforms to use for payments from clients, which I believe are becoming popular, due to many issues that Video Bloggers on Youtube are having in regards to the content they upload. PayPal teams up with Youtube and Google to freeze, block, or to remove assets from your account.
    For now I'll use PayPal. Any suggestion from the peanut gallery?

GHD

6. Ballin23

Registered Member

I love PayPal .. the best

7. ShaynaS

Registered Member

I like PayPal it's easier to make money.

Ballin23 likes this.
  8. witchwriter

Registered Member

yes PayPal has its faults. Sometimes I even copyscape just to make sure I see before submitting. But I yet do not see bitcoin as a valid payment currency.

9. AidanJohns921

Registered Member

Bitcoin is slowly (very slowly but surely) making its way as online payment but I don't use it all that much. Currently I use either Paypal or Venmo, paypal usually for donations, or products being bought online and Venmo for more casual payments that are being made there on the spot or sometimes in person if the other doesn't have enough cash.

10. witchwriter

Registered Member

i
    i signed up for venmo but frankly have never used it nor been offered it in a gig for payment.

11. Chinesemom

Registered Member

For my online gigs, Paypal. I've even got paid through that by up to 5 promo event agencies which is cool. Paypal and direct deposit as the two methods tied as prefer option. Some promo agencies only pay by checks so I have to suck it up and wait.

12. witchwriter

Registered Member

snailmail payment is out of the question. they cant expect you to extend credit like a bank. I always think people act like ordering content is like a grocery store where you can return what you picked out and used. in real life people would have to pay for resources once they left the store.

13. Chinesemom

Registered Member

I had like 1 to 3 writing clients paid me by snail mail and unfortunately, not everyone is up to speed to pay by DD and Paypal which I love.

Workmarket is another payment method that a small group of promo agencies use, just as well from agencies that hire freelance service workers, which once I get my payment will not work for that one agency again. I might have to get their debit card which would help me make more money by being open to this option.

14. AidanJohns921

Registered Member

It was the same situation for me as well the first two months I had it. I then deleted the app thinking it'd be useless then found a gig to work and was requested to download the app again for payment to be collected.

15. witchwriter

Registered Member

that's rough. sounds like they had their hooks in you financially to reap back in fees or charges what you should have net been paid. Ouch.

16. AidanJohns921

Registered Member

No was just the fact that the guy I was doing a job for didn't have enough cash on him to pay me fully and we were a good 40 minute drive away from the nearest bank. Just made it more easier to collect via Venmo

17. witchwriter

Registered Member

wow you are kind. at least PayPal works for you in conflicts by taking your record into consideration. even if you don't get your money the PayPal pppl know the bad payer has a cloud over their head and will prolly pay up next time to avoid the fracas.
    I signed up for venmo but never used it.

AidanJohns921 likes this.
  18. chundley

Registered Member

PayPal, although I am curious about Bitcoin. One day when I have some time, I'll look into it as an option. Not sure how many clients would use it, but I have generally been curious about Bitcoin given its appearance in a variety of high profile news stories - good and bad.