This site uses JavaScript—Adblock must be disabled to view some JavaScript functions

Welcome to LanceBase

Ready to join the forum? A diverse community of freelance professionals awaits.

Not Paid

Discussion in 'Freelance Community Chat' started by Chris_A, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Chris_A

Registered Member

Have you ever been in a situation when you did not get paid work the work you have done? What can you, as a freelancer, do in such situations? How did you go about this?

shmathur likes this.
  2. shmathur

Registered Member

This actually happened to me the other day. I was told I would be paid to write multiple reviews on yelp in exchange for cash payment, however after I had written the reviews and showed proof of this to my client, they ghosted me and never responded with my payment. I was very taken aback as this was the first time something like this has happened to me... I emailed them back at first asking what was wrong, and then after one day, I sent them a very terse email demanding I be paid for the work I had done. Sadly there was no response and I ended up just eating my losses. There is really not much you can do if you are working for your client remotely, but if you have met them face to face, I recommend setting up an in-person meeting or even giving them a phone call to get to the bottom of the issue. Good Luck!!!

Darlene likes this.