Landing that job...

bethanybaillie

Registered Member
Any tips, and hints on landing that first freelance job? I keep applying to random gigs, and sites, but I never hear anything back even though I do have the time and experience being able to write what they're asking for.

HELP ME OBI-WANS.

DarleneK

Registered Member
Have you tried Fiverr or Upwork? You will have writing jobs immediately on fiverr after your gigs are setup. It's probably chump change compared to what you had in mind.

OP
OP
bethanybaillie

bethanybaillie

Registered Member
Have you tried Fiverr or Upwork? You will have writing jobs immediately on fiverr after your gigs are setup. It's probably chump change compared to what you had in mind.
I've looked into them, but I don't even have the expenses to sign up for the sites to be noticed and get started - which is where my biggest downfall is currently. :frown:

DarleneK

Registered Member
I've looked into them, but I don't even have the expenses to sign up for the sites to be noticed and get started - which is where my biggest downfall is currently. :frown:
Everything is free dear. You sign up to fiverr, then create your gigs and start selling for free. Unless they changed something.

DarleneK

Registered Member
Good! Let us know how you do. There are more than a few fiverr pros lurking around here.

larry

Registered Member
i done the same thing and submitted at least 20 different ones including social media jobs. Just no luck this week.

c4cyber

Registered Member
Any tips, and hints on landing that first freelance job? I keep applying to random gigs, and sites, but I never hear anything back even though I do have the time and experience being able to write what they're asking for.

HELP ME OBI-WANS.
You should market your gigs as well. Just putting gigs there, won't get any hits as market is too full or just google for some alternate marketplace for newbie. Its hard to break into such sites as newbie.

c4cyber

Registered Member
One more thing, competition at internet is immense.
Please try in your local community as well. your friend or their friend may need something you can do for them. I have found my first job locally. I took 50% upfront.
Always take 50% upfront if 100% is not possible.

rsilvany

Registered Member
Some more marketplaces options you can consider:
  • Freelancer
  • TaskRabbit
  • Guru
  • Moonlighting
  • CanYa