LanceBase

Staff
Elite Member
Contributing Member
Registered Member
Zach Buckler - Owner, Zach Buckler's Voice Over Services
LanceBase Profile: @zachbuckler

Zach-Buckler-LanceBase.jpg

Closing in on a decade of involvement in voice acting, social media strategies, and content moderation, Zach also now provides copywriting services for radio stations, marketing companies, and various community organizations. Zach has a great deal of experience with software and platforms such as Adobe Spark, Canva, Blogger, Wordpress, Boomchat, and AP NewsDesk.

His hobbies include concert-going, photography, and health and fitness.

What inspired you to pursue a career in Voice Acting?
I had been involved in on both voice-acting and camera-acting for many years. Since, I have the experience, I recognized that I should offer this service in a freelance capacity.

How long did it take for you to reach profitability? How did you live through those first few months/years?
I have always found various means to make money freelancing. And at first, I simply contacted local radio stations informing them of my desire to provide a voice-acting assistance. I recorded a demo, they liked it and I got the job.

How do you define success?
I define success as achieving what you were truly born to do with your life.

How do you structure your days?
To start my day I look over my list of clients, then complete the 'must-dos' for each. After which I tackle the tasks that do not need to be completed as quickly. I start my workday at 8:00am with a lunch break around noon, normally finishing up at around 10:00pm. I never lose my energy or enthusiasm as I love having a full plate, and my clients mean the world to me.

What tools/software do you find indispensable for accomplishing daily tasks?
For voice-over, Audacity and Adobe Audition are my go-tos.

Are you currently offering, or have you in the past offered your services on any of the Freelance Platforms/Marketplaces? (Fiverr, Upwork, Envato, etc.)
I offer my voice-over services through Fiverr yes.

How do you go about promoting your services? What has been your most successful form of marketing?
Promoting myself through social media channels works well. As does attending networking events and reaching out to companies via phone.

Please tell us about a project or accomplishment that you consider to be the most significant in your career.
I wouldn’t say there is one most significant at this time, in that all my clients’ projects have made me incredibly happy, each unique in its own requirements and reward.

Have you ever turned down a client?
To-date, no. I have not turned down a client.

If you had the chance to start your career over again, what would you do differently?
I would strategize less and do more. You learn more doing and failing then just thinking about what might be.

What is your best advice for handling criticism?
If the criticism is valid, you can of course learn from it. However, if malicious in intent, simply dismiss and keep it movin’ so-to-speak.

Which blogs/websites do you frequent?
I regularly visit blogs such as ARealChange and BrianTracy, and other sites like Mashable, FilmPhotographyProject, and PDNOnline.

If you could talk to one person from history, who would it be and why?
I would talk to Steve Jobs because he did an outstanding job of turning something complicated and non-user friendly into something quite the opposite, which almost anyone can use.

What is your favorite song?
Alive, by P.O.D.

What does the future hold for Zach Buckler?
Stay in motion, fight the good fight, continue providing excellent work for my fantastic clients.

Is there anything else you'd like to add?
Thank you for this interview, it was an honor.

Connect with Zach Buckler:

c4cyber

Registered Member
Just loved his definition of success. Simple yet elegant and realistic.