Staff
Elite Member
Contributing Member
Registered Member
Reaction score
Steven Lin, Owner- LetsWorkRemotely.com
LanceBase Profile- @stevlin
94600279_168248344438320_6578291761615994880_n.jpg

Steven Lin is the co-founder of Let's Work Remotely, one of the largest remote work communities in the world with a community of over 100,000 people. He also is a technology consultant at Ernst and Young. His future goals are being part of the digital revolution and building communities and companies that make positive impacts. His hobbies include travel, fashion, food, and photography.

What is Let's Work Remotely all about?
Let's Work Remotely is one of the largest communities revolved around remote work and digital nomad lifestyle. We share tips, resources and jobs and growing really fast!

What inspired you to create Let's Work Remotely?
I’ve been working for over 5 years now on a freelance basis. To most people it’s still a mystified world. I had to figure a lot of the nuances out myself through reading articles and meeting people. However, I wanted to start a community and share our knowledge and help each other out.

How do you structure your days?
I typically try to be up and about around 9 am. Grab a cup of coffee and look at the list of things I need to do and start checking it off until I’m done.

Do you have any rituals when it comes to working?
I don’t have any particular rituals, but I always suggest having a notebook of tasks to keep on track. Music is a must for me as well.

How do you relax after a hard day's work?
Usually I try to have a nice dinner and put something on Netflix or Hulu.

How do you define success?
I think success means something different for everyone. But to me success means you’ve built something you’re proud of and can help people out.

What person in the business world inspires you the most?
Richard Branson is someone I truly admire. He has a lot of ambition and has found success in many dimensions. He’s not only a business mastermind but also extremely compassionate. During this crisis his response and support for employees has been phenomenal.

What tools/software do you find indispensable for accomplishing daily tasks?
Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Analytics, Console, Gmail)

What product or service do you love so much that you would happily be that company's spokesperson?
Keyboard Maestro - I’m a huge support of this automation tool and has saved me hundreds of hours of manual repetitive work

What has been your most successful form of marketing?
Facebook Groups - I highly recommend everyone try it if you have a brand. Building communities are the future of marketing.

What project or accomplishment would you consider to be the most significant of your career?
Building Let's Work Remotely

If you had the chance to start your career over again, what would you do differently?
I would probably start sooner - but I’m still young and glad I started when I did!

What is your best advice for handling criticism?
Take criticism objectively, most of the time it’s not personal. Use it to learn and grow.

Which blogs/website do you frequent?
I don’t have any particular blogs/websites since I am curious about so many things. But I have Google News alerts set up for topics I follow.

What are your future professional goals?

I hope to grow Let's Work Remotely and start a few other businesses I have in my idea book. Eventually I want to be regarded as a business expert and share my knowledge with the world and help people find their own successes.

Is there anything else you would like to add?
It’s never too late or early to start pursuing what you want to do. Take the time to learn the necessary skills and take the leap when you feel ready

Connect with Steven Lin:

dronilehiraldo

Registered Member
Reaction score
Great interview. Love the tip on Facebook groups – they really are a great way to meet other entrepreneurs and online business owners.