LanceBase

Staff
Elite Member
Contributing Member
Registered Member
Reaction score
Dronile Hiraldo - Owner, dronilehiraldo.com
LanceBase Profile: @dronilehiraldo

Dronile Hiraldo is a NYC born and bred aspiring author, speaker and creative entrepreneur. She helps social entrepreneurs and brands in health and wellness create positive social change and effectively communicate the good they do in the world.

Being a first-generation American Latina, meant having to watch her immigrant parents – two very creative people – build someone else's dream while giving up on theirs. This, and witnessing new arts programs being defunded each year in her Washington Heights community, would propel Dronile's determination to change the face of media. She loves working with brands & influencers who want to make an impact with their social mission. Dronile's goal is to teach more writers and creative entrepreneurs how to break barriers & design the life of their dreams.

Define happiness. Are you there yet? If not how close are you?
Happiness, to me, is waking up excited, energized and inspired to take on a new day. I believe happiness is a life-long journey of being, ever changing. Every day I get to redefine what it means to be happy and to live in happiness. I feel like I get closer to true happiness every day.

Do you have any bizarre or strange rituals or superstitions, when it comes to working? (music/sounds, fidget item(s), sequences or patterns)
LOL Yes. I need meditation music to focus – I love trip hop, soft melodic tunes, and the occasional John Legend – and sound-cancelling headphones. I also have to check email before getting down to work. That way I know, it’s off my mind. And snacks, of course. If I don’t get water or snacks at the start it’s a done deal! We’re not moving.

If you could start over again in freelancing online, how would you go about it differently?
First, I wouldn’t have quit my job cold turkey without clients or an income cushion. (Woops). Other than that I’d tell myself to create systems + processes (onboarding, contracts, etc.) – create a business foundation.

Is online freelance your main source of income?
Thankfully, yes! It’ll be two years of real-life learning this upcoming March. I love what I do. I love that I get to write, create marketing campaigns and teach creative entrepreneurs how to connect with their communities online.

What did you do for work before becoming a freelancer?
In my “past lives” I was a camp counselor, Film production assistant, a store manager at a local running store, and an Office Assistant. Oh, and a full-time dreamer.

If you were stranded on a deserted island, what three items would you want to possess? Why?
Journal, laptop, and camera. As long as I can write, read and create, I’m good.

Name a product or service you love so much that you’d happily be that company’s spokesperson.
Oh man! I’m a wellness bunny, so I’d say Nike apparel. Especially their running tights. They do triple duty as workout gear, pants, and loungewear in my house lol. Yup, I’m that person.

What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?
Chocolate chip cookie dough. Heavy on the dough please.

If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Wow! Paris. I’m a hope(full) romantic – buttered croissants, flowers, and the Eiffel Tower are the pinnacle of love for me.

How many languages do you speak? Discuss.
Fluently? 2 – English and Spanish. I’m Dominican American, so I grew up in a Spanish speaking household. I’ve also dabbled in French and Italian, since they’re so close to Spanish. I’d always mix up my languages in class though. HA!

Definitively, which social media site is the best; Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram?
Insta! Hands down, for sure.

Do you recall your first official transaction as a freelancer? Good experience?
Oooh. Yeah, actually it was while I was still employed part-time. The running non-profit I worked for held road races almost every week and I’d just connected with one of the managers in the Editorial department. I took a chance and asked if there was a way for me to write for them. It gave me the confidence to pursue this little dream of mine and believe earning a living doing what I love was possible.

Why do you come to LanceBase?
For community. I’d love to connect with other creative entrepreneurs who are designing their dream lives, and making it happen.

If you were guaranteed to be successful in a different profession, what would you want to do?
Ballerina. Or figure skater. ‘Cuz glitter. The costumes are everything.

What does the future hold for Dronile Hiraldo?
I’m cooking up a few different things in my freelance kitchen. I’d love to publish my first book, open an online store, and launch a media project I’ve been dreaming of for a very long time. Of course, right now the goal is just to continue growing, and learning. I’m definitely excited for what’s to come!

Is there anything else you'd like to add?
I love connecting with and meeting new people. I hope the LanceBase community will reach out and say hello!

Connect with Dronile Hiraldo:
Instagram:
@dronilehiraldo