Staff
Elite Member
Contributing Member
Registered Member
Bethany Barich - bethanybarich.com
LanceBase Profile: @bethanybaillie

Bethany-Barich-LanceBase-Interview.jpg

Freelancer-Bethany-Barich-LanceBase-Interview.jpg

A Point Park University Graduate (B.A. in Cinema Production), Bethany is 25 years old and currently resides in Pittsburgh PA. In addition to freelancing she finds the time to manage a retail entertainment & electronics store. She’s an avid horror movie fan, collector of POP figures and movie memorabilia, and a professional wrestling buff.

Bethany has experience in multiple film departments: directing, production, writing, editing (Adobe Premiere Pro), cinematography, 1st AD, 2nd AC, and script supervisory. Although happy to write about any topic, Bethany has a track record with movie reviews, scripts, resumes, health/fitness/beauty/fashion blogging, and essays. She is a true Creative, longing to invent, explore, and innovate.

Are you usually early or late?
I am, without a doubt, always early. I could sleep in by a half hour and still manage to make it to work roughly 20-30 minutes before my shift starts. I have no idea how I am so lucky to always be early, but I am, and I am okay with that because it shows my dedication.

Ever met a celebrity?
I met Ryan Hurst a few years ago, because I was his personal assistant while he was shooting the second season of "Outsiders” in Pittsburgh. It was a fun time, and he’s one of the nicest people I’ve ever met.

How do you relax after a hard day’s work?
In regard to management, whenever I’m finished for the day, I tend to escape and relax through music or movies. I use public transportation, so the time between leaving work and getting home, is a relaxing time for me. I use it to catch up and rest before having to make dinner and prepare to do my routine all over again the next day. After freelancing for an extended period of time however, I may do some yoga. It helps with my breathing and anxiety.

How often do you use social media? Which sites do you use the most?
I use social media daily. It’s a way for my family and I to stay in touch since we’re in multiple different states or cities, and it’s a fun and easy way to share content with friends and be updated on trends and news stories. I use Twitter and Facebook the most, Instagram occasionally – I haven’t posted anything in weeks on Instagram, but am currently trying to convince my boyfriend to take a "selfie" with me so I can post how adorable we are!

If you could shop for free at one store, which would you choose?
The answer is always Target. Not only can I get shoes and clothes, but I could get movies, electronics, food, and random things I don’t need!

If you were guaranteed to be successful in a different profession, what would you want to do?
I would want to be a professor!

To some, coffee is a lifestyle not just a drink. Are you a coffee lover? If so, how do you prefer yours?
I don’t want to sit here and compare my love for coffee to David Lynch’s love for it, but I definitely am a coffee lover. I prefer my coffee black, occasionally with two sugars.

Which countries have you traveled to? Why? Business, pleasure?
I’ve been to a few different countries. First, I’ve been on two cruises, both of which took me to a lot of different tropical places! The next country is Canada, which I feel everyone should do at least once in their life – I’ve gone on a weekend camping trip there, and it was beautiful. I’ve been to France twice, once was a school trip where we visited Paris, Saint-Malo, and Normandy. The second time I was in France was for an internship at the Cannes Film Festival. During the school trip, we also visited London, and that was a fantastic experience!

What is your favorite movie?
A loaded question, but I have two answers. My favorite horror movie is the original "Dracula" from the 1930s with Bela Lugosi, but my favorite movie that I can watch daily and not get tired of is "The Rocky Horror Picture Show."

What lifestyle change have you been meaning to make for a while now?
I've been meaning to quit smoking, or to cut back, but I feel it is part of the filmmaker aesthetic.

What’s a great book you’ve read recently?
My favorite book is probably Stephen King’s "IT," but the last book I read and loved is "House of Leaves." If anyone out there has heard of it, and hasn't read it, do yourselves a favor and read it. It's so uniquely put together and it's extremely creepy, and addicting.

For how long do you work each day?
As a manager for a retail store, I currently work roughly six to ten hours for five days. I usually have two days off during the week – one of which is Sunday. With freelancing it really just depends on the scope of the project, and the deadline.

What is your dream car?
It’s a 1973 Pontiac GTO Ventura II, bright orange.

Would you rather win an Olympic medal, an Academy Award, or the Nobel Peace prize?
I would want to win an Academy Award just so I could be played off the stage for talking so long.

What does the future hold for Bethany Barich?
Obviously we don't know what the future holds for us. I ideally would like to see myself doing something creative, whether that's within the writing community or the film community. As long as I'm doing something creative in the future, that's all that matters to me.

Is there anything else you'd like to add?
I am a quick learner, a hard worker, and I like to have fun. I am able to keep things professional, while still maintaining, and showing off, my personality in my work. I am a leader, but also able to be a team player. I am confident, and will always meet deadlines.

Connect with Bethany Barich:
Instagram:
@_barich