This site uses JavaScript—Adblock must be disabled to view some JavaScript functions

Welcome to LanceBase

Ready to join the forum? A diverse community of freelance professionals awaits.

Issues with maintaining energy

Discussion in 'Freelance Community Chat' started by arch_carrier, Jul 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. arch_carrier

Registered Member

I wake up in the morning and get ready to work on my projects. I have a lot I can and should do. I recently started working outside my home and instead work in a small studio. It's very quiet. Often completely empty--no one in the rooms near by. I also feel too relaxed and in a lull here.

It may simply be my fault. I sleep enough but maybe there's something else I need to do. I find myself increasingly lulled into a stupor being inside such a dead quiet environment. Intellectually I appreciate it but I miss being around people.

Has anyone else confronted this issue?

2. chundley

Registered Member

I'd say vary your settings. Spend a day or two out of the week writing in the least noisy public place you can find.

Exercise helps too. I've been interspersing long writing projects with midday jogs at Planet Fitness.

arch_carrier likes this.
  3. witchwriter

Registered Member

Maybe start making a schedule and stop letting your work assignments dictate every minutevif the day.
    Set phone or egg timers that remind you to get up and walk around and eat something normal on a regular schedule.

Make you shop for nibble foods like carrots or celery. Beware of eating too much junk or cola. The salt and dehydration will zapp you.

4. chundley

Registered Member

Oh, here's one I use and forgot. Drink a lot of water each day. Enough to periodically make you get up. That's helped me get through a few all-nighters.

witchwriter likes this.
  5. closed

closed Guest

Hi. Wow, in my humble opinion, renting a room for work is a great way to focus in your freelance job.

In my case, I get lured into wasting time (way too often) when I am getting too much downtime (like in, not landing any job at all and seeing time pass by :teardrop:) and I don't have clear goals to achieve. Don't get me wrong, I feel guilty when I spend the day not doing much, but more often than not, it is just easier to get into time wasting than trying to organize myself.

So my advice for you would be to list a few things that can make you feel productive and serve a purpose. At the very least, workload won't just pile up in a corner.

6. witchwriter

Registered Member

Also a good tip when your night light is burning bright is to organizationally break down the parts of what needs to be done for the next day. Then when the morning blahs take over you can get some key research done instead of building up the time pressure.
    Sometimes I browse YouTube's on my topical.keywords to absorb more of the while in passive mode.