This site uses JavaScript—Adblock must be disabled to view some JavaScript functions

Welcome to LanceBase

Ready to join the forum? A diverse community of freelance professionals awaits.

How Much do you Make working Online?

Discussion in 'Freelance Community Chat' started by bornwithagift, Jan 13, 2017.

1. bornwithagift

Registered Member

Is it supplemental, or do you actually make a living? Any tips for the rest of us?

2. lone_star

Registered Member

If I buckle down, $200-300 in a week doing different things. It doesn't support me but it helps.

3. Ksenija

Registered Member

If I were making 200-300 a week, I would live like a royal in my country.

I am actually not maling any money currently, I have hard time finding the long term job and don't have enough time to search every day for a job.

But I do it so my parents don't have to pay everything for me since I am still a student and in my country there are no type of part time jobs.

closed likes this.
  4. Chris_A

Registered Member

I`m currently half-way at making enough to rival the salary you get from a day job. I`m always looking for more work online and the secret I can share is, to never give up looking. Eventually you will find something that works out for you and you will start to earn. The Internet is a huge place.

5. HeidiMull

HeidiMull Registered Member
    Supporter

So, to put this question into context for me, I've been disabled my entire adult life. The maximum amount I've ever received from SSI is $733/month, which assumes you're not working at all. Now that I have some income, SSI income is going down.

Have I earned more than $733 in a month? Yes! More than once? You bet! Often? Uhh...no, not there yet.

Is that enough for a living? Depends on a lot of factors. For me, living in a converted minivan, I've decided if I could make $800/month consistently then I'd be doing okay. Other people might have different numbers depending on rent in your area or other factors.

Main tip I would have is something I can't do due to SSI regulations...SAVE. Savings are your buffer between the lean months and abundance.

NorthTree and bornwithagift like this.
  6. dawndgolden

Registered Member

I definitely make enough to fully sustain myself online. Last year I grossed over $100,000 in freelance sales (both in writing freelance, publishing my own eBooks, and crafting). It's a lot of work and I think it really just involves buckling down and dedicating yourself to your craft- whatever that may be. Make it your top priority for an entire year, and the hard work will pay off.

PAID ADVERTISING! I paid for advertising everywhere and geared it directly towards my customers with well-researched keywords. I advertised on Google, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Amazon. I paid for advertising where ever I could get it. Publicity helps and growing a customer base is expensive at first, but pays off significantly later.

And of course, just offer solid customer service. Most businesses thrive on repeat buyers- and the best way to get repeat buyers is to give them the best deal they can find so they want to keep coming back.

7. NorthTree

Registered Member

That's really impressive, congratulations!

8. NorthTree

Registered Member

I've been doing this for a long time but there's definitely ebbs and flows. I share expenses, live thrifty and do a bunch of odd jobs on the side and somehow the bills get paid on time. I keep a lousy job that I hate for a few hours one to two days a week for consistency but don't bring in a ton of money. I've actually been swamped with my real freelance work lately and am tempted to quit the other job since I'm doing so well but there's always the fear that it will all dry up! I'd like to find a balance between the freedom of freelancing and the stability of a regular position.

9. closed

closed Guest

Not enough :teardrop:

I was hoping to eventually leave the (dis)comfort of a steady job for the freedom of being my own boss. So far, the bills are the only thing keeping me on the formal employment. If I could make $500 per month I would be able to live entirely from freelance.