This site uses JavaScript—Adblock must be disabled to view some JavaScript functions

Welcome to LanceBase

Ready to join the forum? A diverse community of freelance professionals awaits.

How long...

Discussion in 'Freelance Community Chat' started by chundley, Jul 23, 2017.

1. chundley

Registered Member

...can you write in one sitting before noticing changes in quality?

I remember at my last full-time job, I was friends with a grant writer who was always inundated with projects. She used to complain to me all the time that her supervisor (and the funders) expected a certain level of quality but did not seem to understand that the level of writing they expected took time. Her supervisor, I remember, used to tell her, "Just dash this off. You can knock it out," usually in reference to 30 to 50 page grant proposals.

I've pulled my share of all-nighters writing in undergrad and grad school, as well as during my professional career. My full-time gig has not recently required that but some freelance projects I've had in the past week did. (In fairness it was an instance of me underestimating the scope of the project).

I was curious as to how long it takes before you start noticing word repetition, spelling errors, or other signs of diminished quality?

2. witchwriter

Registered Member

I usually read the draft. and when I see too many mistakes I stop for taking a break in the work. When I can liik at the clock again and feel OK I Start up the work where I I left off.