How I became a successful freelancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonya

Registered Member
Hello everyone! I wanted to share my story on what helped me to succeed as a freelancer and brand my services properly. I hope this will give you some valuable insights on how to present yourself to the public and attract more orders.

I am a marketing freelancer focusing on brand identity creation, advertising, social media management, etc. But, as I offer such services, my personal brand should be as an example of my work, right? It wasn't that way in the beginning... I always promoted my services in various ways but I didn't put much efforts on creating my brand identity as I though that it's only suitable for businesses and not freelancers However, I was looking through some courses to help me develop my skills on branding and found one course on Bitdegree site called 'eye-opening look at personal branding: become a genius thought leader'. From the first glimpse, this course is made for people who have a business. However, I started to tailor the tips listed in the course to my own situation, including planning, monetizing, and promoting my services. This unusual decision has helped me to present and shape my own personal brand and made me a lot more successful then I was before. How do I measure that? By the number of inquires I receive everyday and feedback from my clients.

Therefore, I really suggest everyone to take this course as it was a game changing thing for me. If you do that, please share how it went for you and also I'm fully open to various other suggestions or tips on how to brand yourself as a freelancer :) Good luck!

Florian

Registered Member
Thank you so much for this post, Sonya! During the weekend I have taken this course and it completely opened my eyes! I already see some major gaps (or should I say opportunities) in how I present my services, so thanks to your suggestion I will be able to improve my 'personal brand' much more. I hope this will help me to beat the competition and attract more customers.

P.S. Maybe it would be useful to insert the link of the course so people could directly go to it rather than searching for Bitdegree and then searching for that particular course? Just a suggestion!

Status
Not open for further replies.