This site uses JavaScript—Adblock must be disabled to view some JavaScript functions

Welcome to LanceBase

Ready to join the forum? A diverse community of freelance professionals awaits.

Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by lrich, Nov 5, 2016.

1. lrich

Registered Member

Hello. I'm a freelance writer and editor. Just saying hello and hoping to connect with other freelance writers and editors

2. zuki

zuki Registered Member
    Supporter

Hi Irich! I used to be a freelance writer/editor for ~ 5 years (mostly part time work during college, when I was already used to writing papers) Must say it gets exhausting. I do enjoy writing, till I used it as a source of earning (with deadlines and requirements to meet). My skills have definitely downgraded since I stopped. Based on my experience, I earned the most when they paid per word rather than per page. Any recent freelance writing gig sources you'd like to share? I mostly got gigs of craigslist + a bunch of websites which dont exist anymore.

3. Niccola

Niccola Registered Member
    Supporter

As writers, how do you guys go about writing a proposal/ reaction to a craigslist Ad?
    I've read many articles on how to write proposals and have gathered many good advice (don't copy paste a generic answer to all the ads- tell them how you intend to do the service/ solve their problem - showcase your experience in the field etc.) But when it comes to getting a reply from the poster, i'm still not having much luck (for example out of 20 proposals i send, i only get 1 or 2 replies).

Since you two are writers i'm assuming you have a compelling way with words :D. so i'm curious to learn about your approach for crafting a craigslist proposal that gets people to email you back. Any advice? :)