Have you struggled adapting to working from home?

Did you have trouble adapting to the working from home? If yes, which challenges?

• I did not face any challenges

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Guido

Registered Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, excited to join this forum.

While transitioning to working remotely or from home, did you struggle to adapt to the new routine?

What was your biggest challenge when adapting?

I am asking these questions because I personally had to adapt to working from home, and it was a challenge in the first few months.

I used to work until 7AM on my business and then go to sleep. That habit lasted over a year until I finally changed and saw a serious improvement in productivity.

So have you had any challenges adapting to the remote work/ work from home lifestyle?

workathomeDJ

Registered Member
Reaction score
Hey Guido, welcome! Great questions.

I've been freelancing for over ten years, but in the first few years I dealt with a lot of loneliness (missing coworkers) and the feeling that I was "unemployed" or being lazy, even if I was working a lot. I got over that. :)

These days it can be easy to either procrastinate or just work all the time because I can and the office is down the hall. The pendulum swings!

vincoding

Registered Member
Reaction score
I definitely had a problem with working too late. It's easy to shut off when you work in an office and can physically leave it behind, but the lines really blur when work and home are the same place. I kept sleeping in later and later and then worked later and later just like you until I was regularly going to bed at 4am. It definitely was an issue.

I've started now holding myself accountable for waking up at a certain time. That way if I do stay up late I'll feel the effects the next morning and then make sure I get to bed earlier the next night.
I also make sure that my work office is a separate place. I don't do anything except work in there. I pretend it is a separate office, so that when I exit and close the door, I might as well be an hour away from a physical office because the office is then closed.

Last edited:

workathomeDJ

Registered Member
Reaction score
I also make sure that my work office is a separate place. I don't do anything except work in there. I pretend it is a separate office, so that when I exit and close the door, I might as well be an hour away from a physical office because the office is then closed.
Oh yeah, for sure. I love having a separate room for my office. Like you said, it's good to physically move away and close yourself off from the workspace.

vincoding

Registered Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, for sure. I love having a separate room for my office. Like you said, it's good to physically move away and close yourself off from the workspace.
When I was having the worst problems with working too late, I actually had my workspace in a basement that had no windows. The lack of sunlight and ability to see the sun going down really made my issues escalate and didn't help my happiness much either. I never really had a concept of time because the room always looked the same. So an extra additional note is to choose a separate workspace that has windows! lol