This site uses JavaScript—Adblock must be disabled to view some JavaScript functions

Welcome to LanceBase

Ready to join the forum? A diverse community of freelance professionals awaits.

Greetings Freelancers

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by AidanJohns921, Jul 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. AidanJohns921

Registered Member

Hello and greetings to all,

Guten Tag! (Good day!) I would like to tell you all a little bit of myself if you're willing to use a few minutes of your time.
    Let us start with the fun things first. I am a traveler, adventurer, and a free spirit. I have been around the world and back, my first adventure being to Singapore which is a very small country located in Southeastern Asia nearly 277 miles squared with a large population of a little over 5.5million residents. From this point in time I have travelled to Singapore 5 different times within the last 4 years.
    I have also travelled to Bali, Indonesia where I went surfing where it had reached 15-20 feet wave heights.
    The next travel location was in Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia, where I had stayed at a beautiful villa named The Golden Palm Tree Resort & Spa which are several villas on docks which form a palm tree for an overhead viewing.
    My latest adventure which is more than likely the more interesting one is my trip to Zermatt, Switzerland where I went skiing in the swiss alps under the Matterhorn peak with an exceptional and almost inspiring view. While my stay had lasted there I had also attempted paragliding in which had my instructor and myself running off the side of the mountain top with another extraordinary viewing with no comparison worthy.

I have traveled quite a bit and do not plan on putting an end to that anytime soon, next destination goal is Germany hopefully within the next 2 years at latest. Then possibly Spain.

Other details of myself is that I'm an IT Analyst unemployed for the moment, however just recently completed vocational schooling for Computer Service Technician which included training for Hardware, Firmware, Software, and Networking repair, analysis, maintenance, and setup.
    In my free time I am creating graphic art through Adobe Photoshop which consists of designs for numerous things including company logos, stream designs, clothing designs, webpage and forum themes, etc.
    I've also been on and off of hosting game and web servers for the last 5 years mostly for the pc game Garry's Mod but also for a few others.
    I have above average knowledge of web domain and forum setups and editing on both client-side-front end as well as editing server side coding slightly to my liking. (HTML, Java, PHP, Lua)
    The most important free time activity however would be building computers for gamers, home theater use, home servers, and graphic designers. I currently am waiting for arrival of parts for my new gaming pc which the basic specifications for is an Intel i7 7700k Core, 1080 ti video card, 32GB RAM, 1 TB storage HDD, and a few others (pictures will probably arrive when the build is complete).

I appreciate your time and review, if there are any more details you would like to know, don't hesitate to ask away.

Best of Regards,
    Aidan Johns

2. avatarivn

Registered Member

Hi there @AidanJohns921

If you are a free spirit then you will right in here with us. Welcome aboard our community of freelance workforce, where you are your own boss (and your own greatest supporter and your own manager, etc). Hope you enjoy your stay.

Well, you certainly have traveled a lot, hopefully your best adventures have yet to come.

AidanJohns921 likes this.
  3. witchwriter

Registered Member

hello there. impressive c.v.
    I bet your passport is full of awesome stamps. hey regarding the gaming design , what you advise for a writer like me (ahem) with a killer theme and concept for a new game? the design software's are intimidating. where online could I collabo with a designer and enterprise it up?
    crowd funding thingy route maybe?
    Please advise.

4. AidanJohns921

Registered Member

I haven't done too much with actual game design other than modifying slightly what is already out there so my advice may not be the best but yeah crowdfunding can very well be an option if you have enough connections that also have connections to help you out on that. If you have coding knowledge and experience yourself then you're mostly set there however I would advise having at least one other person if you can to help you with it all so that things may move along quicker. When I run game servers the way I usually do it myself is to temporarily run the servers from my home pc and when I form a large enough crowd that puts in enough donations on a regular basis then I move to a reliable dedicated server hosting company (Like nfoservers.com for example) and then get a windows server setup there. So same thing could be done as well where you run the game servers from home till you have enough funding for it all or perhaps find gigs out there.

There are also many game designers that will stick around games that have a "self serve server gameplay" which is basically where all the games on there are hosted by someone and they probably have a developer or two on there so games like TeamFortress2, Garry's Mod, Left4Dead2, etc., If you float around the game servers and ask around as well as maybe get a little more involved in the communities then you might find someone interested enough to help you out with moving on. Then again this really all depends on how you want this to go, whether it's solo and on your own or with a co-owner or a large staffing group. I would also suggest taking into consideration of https://www.autodesk.com/industry/media-entertainment/game-design-and-development which has a few game developing softwares that you can try for free to deside if they're worth using if you haven't tried them already.

As said before I don't really know too much about how to find a collaboration with others for game design. Most of my experience has been from interacting with a community and then moving up the ranks very quickly from my knowledge and experience or removing one of the staff members of that community to start on a new project for ourselves which sometimes did work well and once or twice not so much. Even though my advice hasn't been the best I hope I helped out a little bit.

(P.S. if you need a team member or someone to help out with technical support as well as maybe graphic design then let me know because I'd be more than happy to help out how I can and be apart of a team gaming community again.)

5. witchwriter

Registered Member

awesome reply. I'll research the autodesk and keep your tips in mind. Thanks much.

6. AidanJohns921

Registered Member

Absolutely glad to help out wherever I can. If there's anything else you need help or tips on just give me a message or something and I'll help how I can.

witchwriter likes this.
  7. AidanJohns921

Registered Member

One more thing, if you haven't already, I would strongly suggest looking at the platforms section of the forums and use one or two of those to look for fellow game designers or even post your own project to find someone.