Generating traction: On-again-off-again freelancing.

Forlenia

Registered Member
Reaction score
Hey, guys.

I have had a Fiverr account for a few years, but since its inception I couldn't be able to generate any traction whatsoever on my gigs. Later on in life, I started working on face-to-face sales, which made me aware of the difficulty of finding actual customers when one is first starting. This has been the case with my Fiverr account, and repeatedly I have been demotivated, leading ultimately to the stowing away of my gigs due to the pursuit of other jobs. Today, after a few weeks, I opened my account and finally saw the first message from someone interested in my services, but it was already too late by three weeks. Naturally, the sale is lost.

My question is this: Despite one single lost sale (which now has earned me an average response time of over a week), is it possible to regain credibility in my freelance platforms through conscious, organized promotion?
Please let me know your thoughts on this, I would love to discuss them with the freelancer community.

Neil_from_Zig

Registered Member
Reaction score
Fiverr doesn't notify you?

Believe me, I totally understand how hard it is to break in with a new product or service. I think this is especially true for side gigs. I would say it's always possible, but you need to get to the bare bones of your offer and your audience. If you know who they are, where they are, and why they buy you can figure out ways to reach them. While freelance platforms can offer ready buyers, they also commodify services and make it hard to distinguish one provider from another - even top-rated people, to me, are a total gamble.

If you have a relevant product/service there's nothing wrong with cold outreach. Think about how painters/gardeners etc. do it. They canvass neighborhoods. They leave flyers.