Freelance Cooking

S

stevejenkins90

Anyone have any advice on building a freelance cooking business?

nwarren

Registered Member
Hmm. There is an app out there called NOM on Apple or Android that allows you to post videos of your cooking sessions to gain exposure. I did a beta testing for them and was paid $150

zuki

Registered Member
Anyone have any advice on building a freelance cooking business?

Hi!

You need to provide a frame of reference for your business.
- Are you a cook yourself and want to host pop up dinners?
- Do you have an army of chefs trying to cater to family events?
- Do you want to get money from ads on a cooking blog?
- Do you want to earn youtube revenue? (for this I'd say go specific rather than generic because there's a lot of there)

Ksenija

Registered Member
I think creating a Youtube channel would be much better, I mean I know I wouldn't literary pay for watching someone cook, and I think you can earn money from Youtube as much as a freelancers and 10 times more

Chris_A

Registered Member
You could go and create a nice looking website, offering your services around your local area. YouTube is also very helpful, although I think most people will watch your videos to check out your recipes, not to hire you to cook for them.

Lockors

Registered Member
I think it is a good idea and I wish you a lot of success in realizing it. I personally love to cook and enjoy my husband and children with delicious food. It is a special feeling when they come from work/school and I enjoy them with new foods. Lately, I have started to deal more with personal development so that I do not have so much time that I can dedicate to food preparation. For this reason, my husband proposed to take different cooking appliances to make it much easier for me. The last thing I bought was a grill for an apartment balcony from https://www.thewindupspace.com/best-grill-for-apartment-balcony/ and it helps me a lot, and the food comes out very delicious. I am glad that we have reached the 21st century where technologies help us so much.

Awadta

Registered Member
I also like to cook, especially desserts. Before, I needed a special recipe book from either my friends or my mother. But now I open any application, either on Youtube or Instagram and find how to prepare any dish, very convenient.