Fiverr is getting worse?

Logoflat

Registered Member
Hey there!
Lately, I'm very frustrated about Fiverr, and this is my experience. I'm a veteran seller since 2014. I have over 1500 reviews. I have maintained excellent rating all these years. I have made ten’s of thousands profit to this website. Why am I saying all this?

Because my gigs dropped despite editing them and maintaining great portfolio. Hence, my earnings went from $3000+ to barely $400. I have messaged support many times about this to check whats wrong (answer is automated message to share gig on social media blah blah) and the result is that gigs are still dropping in terms of views, clicks and orders. For example this one: https://www.fiverr.com/milanmanojlovic/do-a-flat-logo-design-3060449e-f727-48d3-ab00-7a289cb62792

My point is
How can a new seller have 10+ orders in queue( providing logo design service like me) and I have 2 orders per week? Don't get me wrong, its nice for new sellers to get pushed a bit, but this is shameful.
Don’t need to tell me to promote on social media or something similar. because I DO all of that. Problem is clearly Fiverr’s search algorythm.
Many sellers are encountering this issue last few months, so I wanted to start discussion on this.
What are your opinions? Did Fiverr made old sellers eat dust?

AndreLOttawa

Registered Member
Hey there!
Lately, I'm very frustrated about Fiverr, and this is my experience. I'm a veteran seller since 2014. I have over 1500 reviews. I have maintained excellent rating all these years. I have made ten’s of thousands profit to this website. Why am I saying all this?

Because my gigs dropped despite editing them and maintaining great portfolio. Hence, my earnings went from $3000+ to barely $400. I have messaged support many times about this to check whats wrong (answer is automated message to share gig on social media blah blah) and the result is that gigs are still dropping in terms of views, clicks and orders. For example this one: https://www.fiverr.com/milanmanojlovic/do-a-flat-logo-design-3060449e-f727-48d3-ab00-7a289cb62792

My point is
How can a new seller have 10+ orders in queue( providing logo design service like me) and I have 2 orders per week? Don't get me wrong, its nice for new sellers to get pushed a bit, but this is shameful.
Don’t need to tell me to promote on social media or something similar. because I DO all of that. Problem is clearly Fiverr’s search algorythm.
Many sellers are encountering this issue last few months, so I wanted to start discussion on this.
This is not your imagination - Fiverr is treating its longtime sellers with total disrespect. I've been with them since the very beginning when they were just getting started. It's because of sellers like us that they grew into a successful company. And how to they thank us - by throwing us under the bus for no good reason whatsover.

Moving over to Upwork - tired of working for Fiverr peanuts only to get insulted by their god-awful "support" staff.

NeilS

Registered Member
Hey there!

My point is

Hi,
Now I have had issues with Fiverr in the past. About a month ago I could tell they were running some sort of a/b multivariate test because my gig disappeared in Fiverr search then they were back. The search categories for my GIg were changed.

Now when I updated my best gig http://bit.ly/2GrPgVn all of sudden all the traffic dropped off. I contacted Fiverr, and at first, I got their automated response. Then I contacted them again because I knew something was wrong. They reset something on my Gig it started to appear again in search.

What I did to get their attention took a screenshot of my analytics to show them.

I do agree with you if you a great reviews and constant business you should show higher in search.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP
L

Logoflat

Registered Member
This is not your imagination - Fiverr is treating its longtime sellers with total disrespect. I've been with them since the very beginning when they were just getting started. It's because of sellers like us that they grew into a successful company. And how to they thank us - by throwing us under the bus for no good reason whatsover.

Moving over to Upwork - tired of working for Fiverr peanuts only to get insulted by their god-awful "support" staff.
Did you have any luck with Upwork? I’ve been registered for 2 months and got just one project.

OP
OP
L

Logoflat

Registered Member
Hi,
Now I have had issues with Fiverr in the past. About a month ago I could tell they were running some sort of a/b multivariate test because my gig disappeared in Fiverr search then they were back. The search categories for my GIg were changed.

Now when I updated my best gig http://bit.ly/2GrPgVn all of sudden all the traffic dropped off. I contacted Fiverr, and at first, I got their automated response. Then I contacted them again because I knew something was wrong. They reset something on my Gig it started to appear again in search.

What I did to get their attention took a screenshot of my analytics to show them.

I do agree with you if you a great reviews and constant business you should show higher in search.

Hope this helps.
How did you end up with your gigs then? Did you received steady order income or negative? I really don’t know what to do anymore to rank up. I do promote 24h a day. Have over 1500 reviews and it just dropped. Do you have any suggestions? And yeah my gig was on 1-3 page now its on 46?!

NeilS

Registered Member
For me it is is about the brand I created. Low-Cost Analytics. My expertise is website analysis and reports if you use Google Analytics. I was the first person on Fiverr to have such Gig. Now when I first created it, I made the logo. Now as Fiverr changed I realized I needed to update everything. I spent the money had a new logo created that does not follow the Google brand, color, and style. The description, the sample, and I had to make sure the title and keywords fit what Fiverr suggested.
Additionally, Low Cost starts at $5. My revenue is steady, and I have repeat clients. In your case, I would also take a look at your competition to see what could be getting them to rank higher.

faithmassive

Registered Member
why does fiverr charge a $2 fee for orders AND a $2 fee for tips?
so if i tip some1 who deserves it, not only am i hit with $2 for the order but another $2 for the tip PLUS
they ALREADY take $1 per $5 on orders from the seller AND $1 per $5 of the tip u leave.
Fiverr is TRPLE dipping , u see how that work.. on a $15 order, they already take $5 ( $3 from the seller and the $2 they charge the buyer.
if i want to leave a tip...that;s another $3 from the buyer and $1 per $5 tip.
TRIP{LE DIPPING FEES

SUGGESTIOn.. STOP CHARGING FOR TIPS. its GREEDY!

Julia_K

Registered Member
Do you think it's Fiverr's problem?
I guess the competition is getting worse, and now both freelancers and agencies fight for each customer and drop down prices.
Fiverr takes care about newbies for sure, but I don't think they forget about their loyal audience because you're their source of income.