This site uses JavaScript—Adblock must be disabled to view some JavaScript functions

Welcome to LanceBase

Ready to join the forum? A diverse community of freelance professionals awaits.

Does Being a Writer Stress You Out?

Discussion in 'Freelance Community Chat' started by joliejackson71, Nov 13, 2017.

1. joliejackson71

Registered Member

Does being a writer stress you out? Well, you have come to the right place! Not only does this site provide freelance writers to meet and chat with one another, it allows some healthy advice to be shared. As a writer, I have worked with many people. Some people want to pay you for your work, and others just want your work hoping that you won't ask for compensation. I find that it is important to accept these jobs. Anytime a writer makes money, it's a huge accomplishment. Anytime a writer is recognized as a writer, it's another huge accomplishment. My point here is that we should be giving our work away before we expect anything in return. Being an artist will stress you out because being an artist has a lot of requirements. One of these requirements is giving apart of yourself to your audience every time you make something. Does being a writer stress you out? Good! That means you are being a writer!

rubyfuchsite likes this.
  2. Mage

Registered Member

J, if you write you are a writer. even if you do it poorly.

3. joliejackson71

Registered Member

Oh, I have no doubt that even people who write poorly are writers. The requirements to being an artist are not how well you do your art, but where you are mentally and emotionally when doing so. If you do art, and internally you hate making art, then should you be doing art? There will be times when you write and you want to slam your head into the wall, and maybe you do for five minutes, but afterwards you get right back to work and focus on the WORK because that's what you love to do your art. Being an artist is not about how talented you are. Being an artist is about making something bigger then ourselves.

4. Mage

Registered Member

I don't write my stories. They do. I just chronicle what they are doing.

5. joliejackson71

Registered Member

That's interesting? what are your favorite things to read?

6. Mage

Registered Member

I do believe that writing is an art and, no, I haven't slammed my head against a wall because of it. I have just shut down my computer a few times and I even punched my monitor once when the computer bailed on me. I lost a good deal of WORK then. Wasn't happy.

7. joliejackson71

Registered Member

haha that's awful. One time, after working for five hours straight, I finally finished an illustration on photoshop, and my computer crashed and I lost it. I was crying forhours.

8. Mage

Registered Member

Fantasy and Sci-Fi.

9. Mage

Registered Member

I'm crying for you. I did some photoshop work before. The Armorgirl is still waiting for me to finish her... and her dragon.

10. Mage

Registered Member

J Are you administration for LB?

11. Mage

Registered Member

Nice chatting with you. Guess I'll be around for awhile. :cool:

12. joliejackson71

Registered Member

Nice chatting with you too

13. keri

keri Registered Member
    Supporter

No, I find it as a stress reliever.

14. Mage

Registered Member

The only stress that I have from writing is that people want more. They think that I don't write enough.

15. Mage

Registered Member

I probably don"t

keri likes this.
  16. Mage

Registered Member

Hey J, just stopping by to say hi. I still haven't figured out how this forum works.
    Later.

17. keri

keri Registered Member
    Supporter

Forum Info
    Discuss the various marketplaces & platforms, chew over sector particulars, ponder freelance economy, share news, network, and talk shop. This is a space where anyone may speak their mind freely, but must also be considerate of other people's viewpoints. All freelance related topics should be posted here. Introductions, Freelance Services Showcase (self-promotion), and internal Support have designated areas.

Forum Guidelines
    The following guidelines are an addendum to the global forum Rules, and are specific to this Freelance Community Chat forum. LanceBase TOU, and Privacy Policy should be reviewed thoroughly before posting. Failure to adhere to the guidelines and rules set forth may result in account suspension.
    • Please post using only the English language.
    • Do not hijack someone else's thread.
    • Do not harass or threaten other members.
    • Do not use hate speech of any kind.
    • Do not challenge Moderator action.