Do you listen to music while you work?

h3ct0r

Registered Member
I used to be able to do both but I think It's starting to distract me the older I get. Or maybe I need to listen to something else besides Dying Fetus. Only after they melt my face off this july in SF tho!

JakeSorich

Registered Member
Sometimes I will. It depends on my mood that day I guess, or what I'm writing about. Classical music helps me concentrate sometimes! :-)

M

Member163

I find music helpful for getting in the right frame of mind to work, but once I need to concentrate I find it too distracting.

witchwriter

Registered Member
I usually run a movie on my desktop so my mind is entertained. otherwise I can zone out and get distracted and lose track of time. I don't write as fluidly in the morning so that's when I can prowl for jobs and market my services.

sulu_82

Registered Member
I usually run a movie on my desktop so my mind is entertained. otherwise I can zone out and get distracted and lose track of time. I don't write as fluidly in the morning so that's when I can prowl for jobs and market my services.
Nice. :)

OP
OP
h3ct0r

h3ct0r

Registered Member
I tried some soft rock but it distracts me because its soothing and I can understand the lyrics. Classical music makes me nervous for some reason.

Chinesemom

Registered Member
It depends. Sometimes when I work at events music is playing. When I do online stuff, mostly no. But one site I do get paid to listen to music and then write reviews of what I think. Freelancing is cool because there are lots of ways to make money instead of one way, like a regular job, that could dry up your funds.