This site uses JavaScript—Adblock must be disabled to view some JavaScript functions

Welcome to LanceBase

Ready to join the forum? A diverse community of freelance professionals awaits.

Did you ever consider offering writing classes to employers as a freelance gig?

Discussion in 'Freelance Community Chat' started by chundley, Jul 19, 2017.

1. chundley

Registered Member

Study: Poor Writing Skills Are Costing Businesses Billions

A few years back, I saw an article similar to the one I posted above. After reading through an intern applicant's writing sample (which left much to be desired), I was reminded of this issue this morning

I've been appalled by some of the writing samples that have been submitted to me recently for an internship my department is offering - writing samples from students with very high GPAs.

I also work with elected officials for a living. There are some whose writing abilities are absolutely atrocious, which I find frightening.

I decided to post this for anyone who has experience or interest in writing coaching: there's clearly opportunity here, with the proper planning and outreach.

2. witchwriter

Registered Member

chundley this is a good idea but I will go you one further.I think content writers make the best content managers or website editors. They know what is required.
    How do you make a client understand how to fill the gap you have been hired to fill?