This site uses JavaScript—Adblock must be disabled to view some JavaScript functions

Welcome to LanceBase

Ready to join the forum? A diverse community of freelance professionals awaits.

COLD-PITCHING

Discussion in 'Freelance Community Chat' started by bethel, Aug 3, 2017.

1. bethel

Registered Member

The main goal for cold-pitching is to help writters command high rates and stop relying on frelance websites. Have you tried this before?
    How did you do it?
    Did it work for you?
    please share your experience.

2. witchwriter

Registered Member

Please expand. I have never heard this term before.

3. bethel

Registered Member

As a freelancer, you don’t have the luxury of a guaranteed monthly paycheck. You earn only as much as you get to work. Turns out, finding enough work is the biggest challenge for most freelancers. To have the best shot at having a stable income, you want to constantly be marketing your services and signing on new clients. One of the best ways to do this is to cold pitch clients you want to work with. This potential client is someone who has the funds to hire you and needs your services, but might not know it yet.
    One of the most frustrating things about sites like Upwork and Fivver is that they take you out of the driver’s seat when it comes to your freelance writing career.

You can’t demand high pay — you have to settle for what you’re offered.

On top of that, site like Upwork take some of your hard-earned money in exchange for linking you up with clients.

Wouldn’t you rather get your own clients and pocket that cash?
    I know I would.
    Cold emailing puts you in control by allowing you to pick the clients you want to work with. No more racing to the bottom or competing on price all day long.

YOU get to call the shots when it comes to who you’re going to work with how much you can charge.

That’s not something that happens with content mills, bidding sites, and even some job board gigs.

4. witchwriter

Registered Member

I reject content mills because they devalue the work I do. But the biggest problem I have is with domainers who reject building real sites for ad circuses filled with sponsored code. Face it, without webmaster control all content writers are at the mercy of uptight site editors looking to wring five bucks out of every sentence.