Building a solution to the scam problem. Need your input.

tothet

Registered Member
Reaction score
I was a freelancer and got good at dodging scams, but it took time that I rather would spend working. I am currently building a website that will solve the scamming problem by having verified client and freelancer profiles along with work and review history (I'd be happy to delve into the details of how this will be done if there is interest). I am looking to make this into a community for freelancers rather than a job-search site which are currently too client-focused. How much would you guys be willing to pay to avoid scams (and annoying ads and pop ups) and know which clients can be trusted before bidding on projects or accepting work?

fortun8bryan

Registered Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm actually looking to build something similar, resolving scams and issues of non-payment. Do you think we could have a chat to discuss? Let me know, cheers.

Neil_from_Zig

Registered Member
Reaction score
Not just scams. I also think something like that can help screening and hiring from both points of view.

I've been thinking about this problem. I find the process of hiring and managing freelancers to be to opaque and fragmented, and I also hear a LOT of stories of people not getting paid. Properly structured payments and contracts can help, but so can some sort of community verification.