This site uses JavaScript—Adblock must be disabled to view some JavaScript functions

Welcome to LanceBase

Ready to join the forum? A diverse community of freelance professionals awaits.

Beta Tester

Discussion in 'Freelance Community Chat' started by Chris_A, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Chris_A

Registered Member

Did anyone have any good success being a freelancer beta tester for apps and games? If so, what platform did you use to get your jobs? Do companies even hire freelancers for beta testing outside of their respective companies?

2. shmathur

Registered Member

I have been trying to get involved in that space for a few weeks. I really want to start downloading and testing apps and reviewing them for a living. I looked into opportunities like this on craigslist, but I haven't been able to get any traction!! Chris if you could point me in the right direction towards a beta testing gig that would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you so much

3. HeidiMull

HeidiMull Registered Member
    Supporter

I find it really depends on the area you're in. Seattle is pretty good for it. My partner and I use Craigslist a lot. He's an expert gamer so he gets most of them, but I've had a few too.

Doing free beta testing at home tends to give you a chance to get your foot in the door for paid testing. There are a lot of paid testing one-off gigs in the Seattle area. The really good ones though, like the ones that pay $300 for 90 minutes of your time or a week of full time contract work, tend to be extremely selective.

Try using the keyword "focus" when searching Craigslist, as a lot of the gigs are considered focus groups for feedback on the product.