As A Freelancer, Which Platform Do You Prefer?

• Envato

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Fiverr

Votes: 38 65.5%
  • Freelancer

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Guru

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • People Per Hour

• Toptal

• Upwork

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • 99designs

• I prefer private clients and dedicated networks.

Votes: 9 15.5%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

LanceBase

Staff
Elite Member
Contributing Member
Registered Member
Reaction score
2019 LanceBase Platform Comparison Thread

Amid discussions about freelancing and making money online, the freelance platform comes into view. Your honest opinions about these platforms are important in helping us to keep LanceBase content valuable and relevant to the community.

What's the best freelance platform of 2019? Why?
Have a success story? Bad experience?

This thread will close on Dec. 31st, 2019. You may change your vote at any time, but may only vote once.

Reminder: In this thread we're focusing on the 8 most widely recognized freelance platforms/marketplaces that 2019 has to offer. The lineup will update accordingly, annually. To nominate a new platform for inclusion please do so here.

seoprof

Supporter
Registered Member
Reaction score
Starting to do better with only private clients

MonsoonKid

Registered Member
Reaction score
Freelance platforms in general are really only a springboard, in my opinion.

That being said, Fiverr is not only great for brand awareness but also for making a decent bit of many. That's if you're good.

I'm absolutely not a fan of bidding sites. It is a horrible race to the bottom. I keep profiles on these sites more as a low-key form of advertising. If a decent project comes along, I grab it if I have a spare second. Would never rely on them.

sufwan

Registered Member
Reaction score
Freelance platforms in general are really only a springboard, in my opinion.

That being said, Fiverr is not only great for brand awareness but also for making a decent bit of many. That's if you're good.

I'm absolutely not a fan of bidding sites. It is a horrible race to the bottom. I keep profiles on these sites more as a low-key form of advertising. If a decent project comes along, I grab it if I have a spare second. Would never rely on them.
freelacne websites become not only stressful they are annoying when you bid, perks of being a graphic designer you can be part of contest they weigh not only well but also give you freedom in your area of expertise.

Mercyanimate1

Registered Member
Reaction score
From personal experience Fiverr is far the best freelancing site for me. This is because I've made thousands of dollars working on fiverr. I've been a freelancer on fiverr now for close to three years now, and I can confidently say fiverr is the sure site to consider whenever freelancing comes to your mind. Though the journey is not all bed of roses, but with consistency, appropriate skills, good customer satisfaction and good service delivery, one can easily make decent bucks working on fiverr.

Life sometimes gives us stones in place of gold, but if we are creative enough, we can often turn those stones into DIAMONDS. This was my case few years ago, until I stumbled upon fiverr. The name fiverr, gave some confusion to my young brains as it were then when I first came across the word fiverr. This post is by no means a promotional tactics to promote fiverr, but a honest and candid life experience of a yound and aspiring young lady who wants only the best from life. Haven't worked as a freelancer on fiver for couple of years now, I can confidently say fiverr made me free in so many ways. Finances and better control of my time being the top most benefits. So, if you're in a stage of your life or freelancing career where you feel like through in the towel, I urge you to hold on a little while, just a little while and then with a little more push/persistency, the sun will shine on you again.