As A Freelancer, Which Platform Do You Prefer?

• Envato

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Fiverr

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Freelancer

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Guru

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • People Per Hour

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Toptal

• Upwork

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • 99designs

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

LanceBase

Staff
Elite Member
Contributing Member
Registered Member
2018 LanceBase Platform Comparison Thread

Amid discussions about freelancing and making money online, the freelance platform comes into view. Your honest opinions about these platforms are important in helping us to keep LanceBase content valuable and relevant to the community.

What's the best freelance platform of 2018? Why?
Have a success story? Bad experience?

This thread will close on Dec. 31st, 2018. You may change your vote at any time, but may only vote once.

Reminder: In this thread we're focusing on the 8 most widely recognized freelance platforms/marketplaces that 2018 has to offer. The lineup will update accordingly, annually. To nominate a new platform for inclusion please do so here.

jejomalana

Registered Member
UPWORK is a great stage for freelance workers. You just need to register and have your account verified, and you can contact potential clients after. Payments are good since this will be managed by the system as well. There is a fee but its a small price to pay. The potential of income depends on the dedication you put in to looking for a job.

Jane

Registered Member
Hands down! you can never go wrong with Upwork, my experience working on Upwork has informed my opinion that this platform triumphs over others. The processes of registration, verification, and payments are all handled professionally.

h3ct0r

Registered Member
But it isnt as good as it used to be thats for sure
I sympathize with you bro, because I'm sure It's nothing like it once was. I got sick of people from Bangladesh scraping my entire persona and gigs, and then offering a counterfeit version of my services for a fraction of my already competitive rate. It was like a wave that engulfed and washed so many of us out.

Stensland

Registered Member
I had some problems with Upwork myself. Almost got scammed. "If it seems too good to be true it probably is" haha, I live by that quote now. I used Upwork later, and there are a great number of superb freelancers there also.