Avoiding scam accounts

KeanuWriter

Registered Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

This question relates to any platform but the platform I use to freelance is Fiverr. I get odd requests on there and any which look dodgy I will ignore, I will check for any negative reviews, account creation, how is the message worded, urgency, 'too good to be true' factors and that. But scam accounts can still slip through, so my question is how do you successfully determine if an account is a scam account? If they order from you on Fiverr, how do you cancel the scam order and still retain good completion rate?

Any help will be much obliged, as I have heard some bad horror stories.

Thanks

Nancymac

Registered Member
Reaction score
How do you know if it might be a scammer? Would you turn down a gig if it was for a job that made you feel it was against your professional ethics?

JohnDz

Registered Member
Reaction score
Rarely found scammers, only users that go totally against TOS, trying to buy my account or promoting rival sites, they were banned before I could even read their messages.

I have seen people trying to pay the half of the price, likely people that offer the same service in other place and trying to earn money with no effort, just outsourcing. I didnt accept.

Just once, one user didnt want any of my services, he wanted me joining to a kind of multi-level offline bussiness.

wanjiru93

Supporter
Registered Member
Reaction score
Speaking of scams today I almost got scammed! Am on PPH and as usual, I bid on a project which was pretty sweet not to turn down... am human!. So my client says," am willing to pay this much ( xxxx) but first you have to pay a little sum of money" and I was like dude are you serious.

Don't leave the site when still going over the details of the project and if its a new client keep your 👀 open on every detail

He/she might be the one getting money from you

Nancymac

Registered Member
Reaction score
Yes I had one where I do calls and help with various data entry tasks the buyer wanted me to represent his business, and he does counterfit reports etc, a con like if I say I graduate from a college or university they will make a false certificate.
Why would anyone in their right mind take on such a project.