Join the Team!
Becoming A Moderator
Moderator applicants must be active in the individual forum(s) they wish to moderate, and regularly create and respond to threads in those forums. They must also maintain a working knowledge of the subject matter. Please be aware that applying does not guarantee acceptance and that Moderators are appointed only as needed.
To be considered for the Moderator position you must:
- be atleast 18 years of age
- be a member for at least 60 days
- have made at least 100 posts
- have an established positive presence in the forums
- handle instruction and direction well
- remain calm and collected in stressful situations
- spend at least one hour per day in the forums
Moderator duties include:
- Upholding all LanceBase rules, guidelines, and policies.
- Educating the community about LanceBase culture consistently.
- When on the forums, creating detailed, helpful posts.
- Actively taking part in discussions as often as possible, ideally once per day.
- Actively taking part in discussions between Moderators relating to internal issues.
- Helping to keep unsuitable content out of the forums as much as possible.
- Answering questions and addressing concerns.
- Issuing warnings and bans.
Moderating is no easy task. As a Moderator you are the first line of defense against abuse and other rules violations.
If you meet all requirements and fully understand the basic duties of a LanceBase Moderator, please proceed: